In our previous article, we talked about choosing between our Smart Ship industrial workbenches (where you can order 5 benches that will ship within 5 days) and standard configuration industrial workbenches, like our Benchmarx line of industrial workbenches (our most popular standard offering). We will review the wide range of custom options available from Formaspace and help you understand why choosing fully custom furniture configurations can be the best option!
Why Customize Your Industrial Workbenches?
When you order furniture from Formaspace, you are working directly with the manufacturer as we build all our technical furniture at our company facility located in Austin, Texas. Because we are a full-service manufacturer selling to customers around the world, we have extensive experience in building all types of custom industrial workbenches, cabinets and technical furniture. Our customers include over 80% of the Fortune 500 in industries ranging from life sciences, energy production, scientific research, light, and heavy manufacturing, imports/exports and shipping, Pharma and healthcare industries as well as educational, government, and military organizations. There are many reasons for custom industrial workbenches and technical furniture. Let’s review three reasons, some of which you might find a bit surprising.
1. Custom Industrial Workbenches are More Suitable for LEED-certified Buildings
Since its inception, Formaspace has been a leader in reuse and recycling: 100% of our waste steel, aluminum, sawdust, cardboard and paper is reused in production or recycled for secondary use. As a supporter of the U.S. Green Building Council, Formaspace has provided custom furniture solutions for numerous construction projects certified by the U.S. Green Building Council as “Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design” (LEED) buildings. Decisions made in the early stages (including furniture specification) can affect whether you will garner enough points to achieve your desired level of LEED certification. Our experts can help you identify the earth-friendly industrial workbenches, worktables, cabinet casework and other furnishings choices that will maximize the number of points awarded during the certification process.
Two LEED Certification Scenarios
- Formaspace custom modular furniture can be fully disassembled and moved from one site to another (where it can be 100% recycled without any impact on landfill resources) which can bring you LEED certification points.
- If you are in possession of materials which can be suitably recycled into new technical furniture, Formaspace has the capability to work with novel recyclable materials. This could also potentially be a basis for earning LEED certification points.
2. Custom Industrial Workbenches Can Satisfy the Unique Requirements of Your Vertical Industry
The second reason for ordering fully custom furniture from Formaspace is to satisfy the unique requirements of your industry. For example, if you are building or remodeling a research laboratory or a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility, your specialized requirements could include:
Research Laboratory or Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Example
- Housing sensitive specialized instrumentation, such as DNA analyzers, liquid handlers or robotics equipment, all of which need vibration isolation
- Supporting heavy equipment, such as shakers and centrifuges, which require extra strength support and vibration suppression
- Protecting high-temperature equipment, such as incubators and ovens
- Isolating cold temperature equipment, such as freezers and refrigerators
And don’t think we are limited to laboratory environmental restrictions. We’ve used phenolic resin for military marine environments (where salt water corrosion is a major concern) and HDPE in black-ops where vibration must be avoided. When you contact one of our Formaspace technical furniture experts, you will benefit from our extensive experience that comes from years of building custom technical furniture for the widest possible range of applications.
3. Custom Industrial Workbenches are Built for Today’s Innovative Architects and Historic, Period Architecture
Two different scenarios — which at first seem may strike you as completely incongruous — make up the third reason that clients come to Formaspace for their custom furniture needs.
What do these two different scenarios have in common?
- Custom furniture installations specified by today’s innovative architects
- Sensitive historic landmark renovation projects utilizing period-correct furniture
What characteristics do brand-new, modern furniture systems created by architects share with maintaining period-correct architectural furnishing when renovating historic real estate facilities? Well, the answer, of course, is that — from our viewpoint as the manufacturer — we have to work diligently to capture the intent from the architect, whether it’s a fresh, up-to-the-minute look from 2017 or from a historical period in the past. So, if you are an architect or engineering construction firm searching for a facility to build your new custom furniture, you’ve found the right place.
At Formaspace, we manufacture custom configuration technical furniture built to your exact requirements — and we can detail out the specification using our in-house project staff or we can work directly from your Autodesk© REVIT©–compliant drawings. If you are renovating an existing facility, we also have extensive experience matching existing furniture installations. So, for example, if you are renovating and expanding a traditional mid-century research library, we can match your existing casework furniture, down to the paint color and materials and hardware selection.
Formaspace Design Consultants Can Help You with Your Custom Industrial Furniture
If you are searching for custom industrial workbenches or other technical furniture, you should contact one of our consultants today. One of our Austin, Texas-based industrial furniture experts will be glad to advise you on how you can take advantage of Formaspace’s capabilities as a custom technical furniture manufacturer.