Form a Career
Did you know?
Austin is considered one of the best places to live and work in the United States, and Formaspace is considered one of the best places to work in Austin!
Are you ready to contribute to an exciting, fast-paced environment with one of the fastest-growing privately-owned manufacturing companies in the country? Are you ready to work with a high-energy staff, enjoy great benefits, and have access to all parts of a small organization? Then you might be ready for a career with Formaspace.
Formaspace has the best products and services in our industry because we hire, promote, and retain people of outstanding capability from diverse industries and backgrounds.
We consistently recruit people who have an outstanding record of prior performance in past endeavors in terms of character, commitment, capability in core functions, and cohesion with teammates and our corporate culture.
Formaspace is a great place for people who arrive every day with a burning passion to improve themselves, their work function, and the world we live in. We give a lot – industry-leading compensation, bonuses, health and retirement benefits – and we expect every coworker to give their best in return.
Go! Current Opportunities:
Formaspace – Austin, TX
Here we grow again! Formaspace seeks an experienced professional who has demonstrated an ability to deliver results in a custom manufacturing environment. Our Production Team is seeking an individual to join our team located in the Tech Ridge area of Austin, Texas. As a Maintenance Technician at Formaspace, you will be a key member of the Production Team. A well-rounded background in all types of building and equipment maintenance would be advantageous.
Daily Job Tasks:
- Inspects building and equipment for needed repairs and maintenance. Performs repairs and on all on premise furniture tables, chairs, cabinets, etc. Installs or replaces the floor and ceramic tiles. Repairs or replaces electric plugs and cords.
- Performs regular, routine maintenance on all facility equipment (saw, hand tools, welding equipment, etc.)
- Performs routine checks on equipment to ensure functionality.
- Performs basic plumbing installations/repairs i.e., install and repair faucets, unclog drains, replace valves, etc.
- Performs semi-skilled carpentry work in the construction and repair of walls, ceilings, etc.
- Assist with implementation of new equipment installation and PM schedule creation.
Who we seek:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of electrical, carpentry and plumbing trades.
- 2-4 years’ experience in a multi-faceted maintenance position.
- Knowledge of proper safety practices and procedures.
- Good understanding of Lockout-Tag out” and other OSHA standards.
- Licensure or certification in maintenance field.
- Ability to lift various packages, components, hardware, and move crates / pallets of Assorted sizes and weights ranging from 50lbs – 200 lbs. Per unit
- Effective communication abilities, and organizational and time management skills
- Ability to operate power tools.
- Ability to read and understand simple blueprints.
- Experience with spreadsheet or database software such as Microsoft Excel
- Temperature: While the work is in a manufacturing and warehouse environment, there will be times that we’ll need to address powder coating oven repairs.
- Heights: There will be exposure to upwards of 30’ heights to address lighting issues.
- Noise: In some areas, there is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- Hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
For consideration, please apply online or email email@example.com with a cover letter, attachment of a recent resume and other supporting documents. Please let us know why you are a great fit for this role.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: DOE (based on experience)
Benefits: Medical/Dental/Optical, 401K, 15 days paid vacation & sick days
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer. Formaspace is an equal opportunity employer. Formaspace is a Drug-Free Workplace.